Sata on Intel D845PEBT2 motherboard

From: Rakesh Sachdeva (raksac@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 13:48:20 EST

Hello SATA experts,

I need your help with pointers on the Silicon Image SATA controller on the
Intel D845PEBT2 motherboard. Intel provides only windowz driver for it and
refuses to do anything with Linux. I would appreciate if you could help me
with locating a patch for the mainline linux kernel tree of 2.4.19 or
2.4.20.

I have looked at SATA for SiI release location http://www.linux-ide.org for
the same using it against a patched kernel version. But for some reasons I
have been struggling to use them. Most of the time I get compilation
problems since the ac patch moves a lot of dependencies *.h files into
*.h.orig files which causes the build to break.

I would highly appreciate any pointers in helping me overcome this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Rakesh

"Happy people don't necessarily have the best of
everything. They make the best of everything!"
No Matter Who You Are, Most Of The Smartest People Work For Someone Else
(Bill Joy).