Re: [BUG] cardbus/hotplugging still broken in 2.5.56

From: Mikael Pettersson (mikpe@csd.uu.se)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 04:13:40 EST

Jens Taprogge writes:
> The cardbus problems are caused by
>
> ChangeSet@1.797.145.6 2002-11-25 18:31:10-08:00 davej@codemonkey.org.uk
>
> as far as I can tell.
>
> pci_enable_device() will fail at least on i386 (see
> arch/i386/pci/i386.c: pcibios_enable_resource (line 260)) if the
> resources have not been assigned previously. Hence the ostensible
> resource collisions.
>
> The attached patch should fix the problem.
>
> I have send the patch to Dave Jones some time ago but did not hear from
> him yet.
>
> I am not subscribed to the list so please cc me on replys.

Thanks. Your patch fixed the cardbus hotplug issue perfectly on my laptop.
It survives multiple insert/eject cycles without any problems.

The patch posted by Yaacov Akiba Slama today also fixed cardbus hotplug
for me, but with his patch the kernel still prints "PCI: No IRQ known for
interrupt pin A of device xx:xx.x. Please try using pci=biosirq" when the
cardbus NIC is inserted; Jens Taprogge's patch silenced that warning.

/Mikael