Re: any brand recomendation for a linux laptop ?

From: Richard B. Johnson (root@chaos.analogic.com)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 12:18:12 EST

I dual-boot the COMPAQ Presario 1800. I have had zero problems with
it under Linux-2.4.18 and very few problems under Win/2000/Prof.
It's not a great performer, it uses the same interrupt for about
everything and has a slow disk. I have an ACOM external USB/Firewire
drive that works fine as well.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson