Re: [patch] sched-2.5.59-A2

From: Martin J. Bligh (mbligh@aracnet.com)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 14:04:14 EST

> I repeated the tests with your B0 version and it's still not
> satisfying. Maybe too aggressive NODE_REBALANCE_IDLE_TICK, maybe the
> difference is that the other calls of load_balance() never have the
> chance to balance across nodes.

Nope, I found the problem. The topo cleanups are broken - we end up
taking all mem accesses, etc to node 0.

Use the second half of the patch (the splitup I already posted),
and fix the obvious compile error. Works fine now ;-)

Matt, you know the topo stuff better than anyone. Can you take a look
at the cleanup Ingo did, and see if it's easily fixable?

M.

PS. Ingo - I love the restructuring of the scheduler bits.
I think we need > 2 multipler though ... I set it to 10 for now.
Tuning will tell ...