Re: any chance of 2.6.0-test*?

From: Kai Henningsen (kaih@khms.westfalen.de)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 05:21:00 EST

Emiliano.Gabrielli@roma2.infn.it (Emiliano Gabrielli) wrote on 13.01.03 in <20030113170014$20a1@gated-at.bofh.it>:

> On 01:38, luned́ 13 gennaio 2003, Rob Wilkens wrote:
> > It only goes to show that the core of computer science hasn't changed
> > over the years. While some technology changes, the science itself stays
> > the same. Much like a physicist should know the outdated theories of
> > relativity by Albert Einstein (made way back in the 20th century as
> > well) a good computer scientist should appreciate the contributions of
> > its founders, and have a good grasp of their core contributions. I'm
> > not claiming to be an expert in either field, however.
>
> You think Relativity is outdated ?!? I can't beleave !

I seem to recall that there are some areas in the world (carefully not
naming any examples here) where some religious extremists have managed to
sabotage public education, especially the sciences. If he's a victim of
those guys, that would explain a lot (and shift some part of the blame
elsewhere) ...

MfG Kai