I've put the generic HDLC update at:
Please apply to linux-2.4.21pre and linux-2.4.21-pre-ac.
(A patch for 2.5 kernel is in the works).
Changes summary: 1.12 - January, 2003
* Added Ethernet device emulation for raw HDLC. VLAN and bridging compatible,
tested with RAD ChipBridge (ChipBridge doesn't work with full size VLAN
* Added Ethernet device emulation for bridged Ethernet frames on Frame-Relay.
* fixed subtle transmit bug in c101.c which could lead to transmitter hangs
and duplicated frames with SCA HD64570 working in 8-bit mode.
* no more "protocol 0008 is buggy" while using tcpdump, at last.
* Frame-Relay DCE (network) side now sorts DLCI list in PVC FULL STATUS.
Some FR DTE had problems with unsorted list.
* Small changes to LMI logic with Frame-Relay.
* tcpdump etc. should see all frames going through physical and logical
interfaces correctly (exception: internal syncppp.c processing).
* You can now query PVC device using sethdlc.
* You can continue to use older sethdlc.c tool, but for new functionality
you need sethdlc-1.12.c.
>From a hardware driver point of view:
A hardware driver has to call hdlc_type_trans(skb, dev) instead of
using ETH_P_HDLC to set skb->protocol before netif_rx(skb):
skb->dev = hdlc_to_dev (&port->hdlc);
- skb->protocol = htons (ETH_P_HDLC);
+ skb->protocol = hdlc_type_trans(skb, skb->dev);
This change corrects problems with tcpdump/etc not seeing all inbound
-- Krzysztof Halasa Network Administrator - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Thu Jan 23 2003 - 22:00:22 EST