Re: [OFFTOPIC] RMS and reactions to him

From: Richard Stallman (rms@gnu.org)
Date: Sun Jan 19 2003 - 19:50:39 EST

    Yet you say you're speaking not only for yourself but also for the
    _hundreds_ of contributors to the GNU project.

I said I am asking for credit for them, not just for myself.
That is not quite the same thing.

                                                    Either all those people feel
    strongly about it and they all mandated a single person in the name of
    Richard Stallman to bring justice to the World, or they simply feel they
    like the name "Linux" is nice enough and left you alone to argue about it.

Or they don't feel strongly enough to press the point. Or they have
been intimidated by the hostility that we sometimes encounter.
Many of them do use the term "GNU/Linux", they just don't discuss
it here.

However that may be, it doesn't affect the fact that the GNU
developers deserve credit.

    This is unfortunate that you left out all my other arguments from my
    previous mail.

I only answer the points that seem significant or worth answering.