"Latitude with broken BIOS" ?

From: Alessandro Suardi (ALESSANDRO.SUARDI@oracle.com)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 07:31:58 EST

Hi,

  I was hoping to use HT on my new Latitude C640 (P4 @ 1.8Ghz) but at boot
  both 2.4.21-pre3 and 2.5.59 (obviously with a SMP kernel) tell me

 "Dell Latitude with broken BIOS detected. Refusing to enable the local APIC."

 Is this anything that can be played with ? I google'd a bit but was unable to
  turn up anything interesting. I flashed BIOS A05 (which is the latest on Dell
  support sites), but I still get the above kernel message.

Thanks in advance for any insight,

--alessandro