Re: Is the BitKeeper network protocol documented?

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 16:41:58 EST

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, David Schwartz wrote:

> I submit that it is impossible to comply with the GPL and
> distribute binaries if the preferred form of a work for the purposes of
> making modifications to it is in a proprietary file format. This is
> tantamount to encrypting the source.

You'll have to find another project to prove your idea, though.

Bitkeeper is using the AT&T SCCS format (plus compression) to
store its data and metadata. People are working on scripts to
extract the source from a bitkeeper tree without using the
bitkeeper software.

cheers,

Rik

http://www.surriel.com/		http://guru.conectiva.com/