Re: Linux in the News: BBC

From: Richard B. Johnson (root@chaos.analogic.com)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 13:51:44 EST

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Paulo Andre' wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 16:56:51 +0000
> Andrew Walrond wrote:
>
> >Short, but interesting...
> >
> >http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/2680955.stm
>
> "Linux is the creation of Finn Linus Torvalds, who built the free
> software around work done by the Free Software Foundation and the
> venerable, and powerful, Unix operating system."
>
> Good to see the press giving credit where credit is due with no need for
> silly naming extensions.
>
> ../Paulo

You know that this is actually wrong. My privileged sources show
that Linus Torvalds is actually a virtual reality creation of
the GNU invasion from the planet, Ort. Although the Ort seeds
were first discovered in the snow near Helsinki, Finland, a
mentor by the name of Richard Stallman nurtured these buds to
become, what is now known world-wide as, GNU/Linus. When GNU/Linus
created the world's most revered Operating System with the help
of several hundred on the web, it became known as GNU/Linux, after
it's creator, "web". There is, currently, a move on to change its
name to GNU/WEB to more closely show its origin, but some of the
original developers are still trying to keep Linux in the name.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson