Re: using /proc/profile ??

From: James Cleverdon (jamesclv@us.ibm.com)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 17:53:04 EST

On Thursday 23 January 2003 04:23 am, Linux Geek wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've booted my linux with commandline profile=2. /proc/profile was
> created but i am not getting any meaningful info
> when i run 'readprofile' . ( with correct arguments ).
>
> The output i get is just 2 lines which shows '_stext' and then 'total'.
>
> Am i missing anything else ?
>
> TIA
>
> -

Hmmm.... I think that readprofile isn't using the right System.map. When
that happens to me, I've usually forgotten to update the symlink. The
default map file used is either /usr/src/linux/System.map or
/boot/System.map

Quick check: readprofile -m /boot/system.map_for_my_kernel
If that is the problem, this should print some useful results.

--
James Cleverdon
IBM xSeries Linux Solutions