Re: Simple patches for Linux as a guest OS in a plex86 VM (please consider)

From: David Lang (david.lang@digitalinsight.com)
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 16:00:46 EST

it sounds like you are saying that with the plex86 you have two ways to
load a client OS.

1. 'normal', full isolation of VMs no modification of the client OS
needed.

2. 'nice VM'. modification of the client OS required, but with the
exception of the kernel level commands being eliminated in the
modification full VM isolation is still provided. Much better performance
then case #1

if you load a client OS and tell the system that it's a #2 when it's
really a #1 then you don't have valid isolation, but that's a sysadmin
error that you will allow to happen in order to make #2 possible.

is this correct

David Lang