Re: 32bit dev_t

From: Joel Becker (Joel.Becker@oracle.com)
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 20:51:08 EST

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 11:04:45PM +0100, Andries.Brouwer@cwi.nl wrote:
> Once or twice a year I build a kernel with 32bit or 64bit dev_t.
> Every now and then submit a few patches so that doing so
> remains easy. The last real change was the change in prototype
> of the VFS *_mknod functions.

        It's good to know that the actual changes are small, but I was
specifically wondering what the status was as far as inclusion. If
there are issues, what are they? Etc.

Joel

--

"In the arms of the angel, fly away from here, From this dark, cold hotel room and the endlessness that you fear. You are pulled from the wreckage of your silent reverie. In the arms of the angel, may you find some comfort here."

Joel Becker Senior Member of Technical Staff Oracle Corporation E-mail: joel.becker@oracle.com Phone: (650) 506-8127 - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/