Re: FW: PDC202XX DMA loss in 2.4.21-pre3-ac4

From: Bryan Andersen (bryan@bogonomicon.net)
Date: Sun Jan 26 2003 - 06:24:10 EST

Andre Hedrick wrote:
> Yeah "smartctl" does not work, but reading the correct 48-bit logs does.
>
> All I stated was you are using the wrong tool to extract the needed
> information.

So which tool(s) do I need for getting at the 48-bit log data? If I
need a spec doc to decode a binary block of data I can deal with that.
Prefer not to, but...

I did a full surface read scan of the disk and it turned up no errors.

As for how I got the SMART data dump I enabled SMART on the drive then
dumped the data a few minutes later.

- Bryan