Re: Changing argv[0] under Linux.

From: Anuradha Ratnaweera (ARatnaweera@virtusa.com)
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 02:47:41 EST

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 00:59, DervishD wrote:

> I want to change the argv[0] a program shows, in order
> to be pretty-printed when issuing 'ps', 'top' or
> other commands.

Sorry about the late reply.

This is done nicely in PostgreSQL. Check source at early
initializing parts of the postmaster.

        Anuradha

--

Debian GNU/Linux (kernel 2.4.20)

It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion. And usually easier. -- Lazarus Long