/proc problem

From: Burján Gábor (buga@elte.hu)
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 12:16:42 EST

Hi,

I've a mysterious problem with Linux kernels on a production system.
The box is a web frontend machine and the problem is that after a
couple of days of running one of httpd process "sticks" in. Commands
w, ps and their friends usually hang after this case. I cannot stat
the files under /proc/<PID-of-this-httpd-process>/, so I think this
should be a kernel-related problem. Only the reboot helps.

I tried out a lot of kernel versions: 2.4.10, 2.4.19, 2.4.19rmap14b
(the last one with the new procfs code), but these didn't help.

Any idea?

  Buga