Re: [2.4.21-pre3] APIC routing broken on ASUS P2B-DS

From: Willy Tarreau (willy@w.ods.org)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 01:06:29 EST

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 04:49:06PM -0800, Simon Kirby wrote:
> Something broke between 2.4.20 and 2.4.21-pre3 which is causing
> interrupts to not be routed the second CPU. I saw the problem on one box
> and copied the kernel to another which then had the same problem (both
> ASUS P2B-DS boards, one with PIII CPUs, one with PII CPUs).
>
> [sroot@devel:/]# cat /proc/interrupts
> CPU0 CPU1
> 0: 114480 0 IO-APIC-edge timer
> 1: 2 0 IO-APIC-edge keyboard
> 2: 0 0 XT-PIC cascade
> 8: 3 0 IO-APIC-edge rtc
> 16: 30707 0 IO-APIC-level eth0
> 19: 3260 0 IO-APIC-level aic7xxx
> NMI: 0 0
> LOC: 114405 114404
> ERR: 0
> MIS: 0

Hi !

Well, yesterday I've noticed the same problem here on an Asus A7M266-D. I
haven't had time to test every previous version, but I've searched through the
archives, and other similar reports have been posted since December. I believe
that some people did have it with 2.4.21pre2 too.

Your report narrows the problem down to fewer releases than what I saw first,
and if I have time I'll test 2.4.20 and 2.4.21pre1 here.

BTW, I don't know if -ac exhibits the same problem. Alan, would you check your
SMP box, please ?

Cheers,
Willy