Re: kexec reboot code buffer

From: William Lee Irwin III (wli@holomorphy.com)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 02:31:17 EST

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 12:28:04AM -0700, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> I will certainly take a look, tracing through that code can get a little
> hairy.

It can really be approached much more cavalierly than that. The only
extant example aside from the original ZONE_DMA32 implementation I've
seen is Simon Winwood's MPSS patch, which needed something on the order
of 10 lines of code for a fresh zone type (for one arch).

And most of the bulk of the ZONE_DMA32 implementation was stringing up
the block layer to utilize it, not inserting the new zone type itself.

-- wli