Re: Bootscreen

From: Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk (roy@karlsbakk.net)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 08:52:02 EST

On Tuesday 28 January 2003 14:32, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> * Robert Morris <rob@r-morris.co.uk> [030128 12:20]:
> > There is a very simple reason why Linux shouldn't have a "bootscreen" -
> > its a lame idea. We have copied enough of the bad "features" of Windows
> > et al into Linux already, IMHO.

I'm working for a company doing VoD and IPTV applications, and you surely
don't want some verbose kernel output upon booting set-top-boxes. At least -
the customer doesn't want it, meaning you shouldn't have it. Then it's better
to have some LED flashing in case of error.

roy

--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk, Datavaktmester
ProntoTV AS - http://www.pronto.tv/

Computers are like air conditioners. They stop working when you open Windows.