Re: Bootscreen

From: Wichert Akkerman (wichert@wiggy.net)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 09:45:45 EST

Previously John Bradford wrote:
> Well, if the machine boots up OK, you can always review the messages
> with dmesg. If it doesn't, the messages are there to review.

I think we're talking about different things here. Personally I'm more
interested in having this work in environments where you can not look
at dmesg or anything else: appliances that do a single job and have to
do it well. Think ATMs, point of sale machines, settop boxes, etc.
If they break you don't go in and look at dmesg, you replace them.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wichert@wiggy.net>           http://www.wiggy.net/
A random hacker