Re: AW: Bootscreen

From: Tomas Szepe (szepe@pinerecords.com)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 07:33:15 EST

> [Raphael_Schmid@CUBUS.COM]
>
> There is *one* line of boot messages shown. Whenever the
> System hangs, you will see the last message. Carefully
> designed messages will greatly help, of course.

This whole idea has been vetoed and scrapped a great many
times before, and for very valid reasons. Read the archives
and respect the conclusions drawn.

If you can't live w/o a fancy penguin logo and a progress bar,
hack the silly thing for yourself and don't bother others with it.

Ideas like yours remind me just how GREAT it is that Linus is
so hard to get to accept patches. People are constantly trying
to get such a tremendous quantity of absolute junk into the
tree that it ceases to be funny.

--
Tomas Szepe <szepe@pinerecords.com>