Re: Bootscreen

From: Denis Vlasenko (vda@port.imtp.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 09:46:53 EST

On 28 January 2003 23:48, Balram Adlakha wrote:
> though i have recently subscribed to this list (OMG, 30 mails/hour!),
> I've read the whole thread about this bootscreen thing... I see
> absolutely _no_ reason why it should not be included in the kernel
> configuration, since there are patches available already to make it
> work, and there are already soo many useless options that adding
> another won't make a difference... Many people will choose to stay
> away from it, including me, but those users coming from the windows
> world are scared out of their wits when they see the kernel booting,
> and I've seen it myself...

Yeah, dude, let's dumb down our users... don't allow them
to become curious and start learning.

Grown up, mature people are scared when they see letters
and numbers on the screen? On what planet am I?

And if someone *is* scared and totally non-curious, well...
do you want to have such a user? /me not.

--
vda