Linux 2.4.21pre3-ac5

From: Alan Cox (alan@redhat.com)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 10:00:59 EST

This patch fixes the random oops some peopel saw on 2.4.21pre-ac* before.
It should also fix highmem I/O and a pile of the minor glitches. I've left
the more interesting changes out of this patch set so that the stability
stuff can be dealt with first.

To minimise changes while verifying the fixes this is against pre3 still.
I'll move to pre4-ac1 next cut.

Linux 2.4.21pre3-ac5
o Fix erratic oopsing on 2.4.21pre3-ac* (Hugh Dickins)
o Fix an incorrect check in raw.c (Artur Frycze)
o Fix highmem IDE DMA (Jens Axboe)
o Fix the size of the EDD area (Kevin Lawton)
o Remove incorrect ACPI blacklist entry (Pavel Machek)
o SCSI memory leak fix (Justin Gibbs)
o Fix mmap of vmalloc area in kmem giving wrong (Tony Dziedzic)
        results
o Fix date in the microcode driver (Jonah Sherman)
o Fix incorrect smc9194 handling of skb_padto (David McCullough)
o Fix use of old check_regio function in umc8672 (William Stinson)
o Remove unused variable in sc1200 (Bob Miller)
o Perform ide_cs unregister in task context (Paul Mackerras)
        | This doesn't fix all the bugs yet...
o Fix bugs in the gx power management code (Hiroshi Miura)
o Fix the sl82c105 driver for the new IDE code (Benjamin Herrenschmidt,
                                                         Russell King)
o Remove cacheflush debug printk (me)
o Fix IDE paths in docs for new layout (Karl-Heinz Eischer)
o Generic RTC driver backport (Geert Uytterhoeven)
o HDLC driver updates (Krzysztof Halasa)
o AMD8111 random number generator support (Andi Kleen)
o Fix crashes on e2100 driver (me)

Linux 2.4.21pre3-ac4
o Finish verifying PIIX/ICH drivers versus errata (me)
o Fix handling of DMA0 MWDMA on early ICH (me)
o Fix compile in kernel for Aurora SIO16 (Adrian Bunk)
o Clean up various Configure.help bits (Adrian Bunk)
o Disallow write combining on 450NX (me)
o Ensure rev C0 450NX has restreaming off (me)
o Don't do IDE DMA on rev B0 450NX or later (me)
        450NX without BIOS workarounds for the hang
o Update Configure.help for HPT IDE (Adrian Bunk)
o Fix harmless code error in sb_mixer (Jeff Garzik)
o Fix ethernet padding on via-rhine (Roger Luethi)
o Add ndelay functionality for x86 (me)
        | Based on Ross Biro's code
o Add ide_execute_command (me)
        | Again based on Ross Biro's changed. Not yet used
        | This will be the new correct way to kick off an
        | IDE command from non IRQ context
o Matroxfb compile fix for one option combination (Petr Vandrovec)

Linux 2.4.21pre3-ac3
o Address comments on wcache value/issuing (me)
        cache flush requests
o Update credits entry for Stelian Pop (Stelian Pop)
o Backport some sonypi improvements from 2.5 (Kunihiko IMAI)
o Fix pdcraid/silraid symbol clash (Arjan van de Ven)
o Fix ehci build with older gcc (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
o Fix via 8233/5 hang (me)
o Fix non SMP cpufreq build (Eyal Lebidinsky)
o Fix sbp2 build with some config options (Eyal Lebidinsky)
o Fix ATM build bugs (Francois Romieu)
o Fix an ipc/sem.c race (Bernhard Kaindl)
o Fix toshiba keyboard double release (Unknown)
o CPUFreq updaes/fixes (Dominik Brodowski)
o Natsemi Geode/Cyrix MediaGX cpufreq support (Hiroshi Miura,
                                                         Zwane Mwaikambo)
o Add frequency table helpers to CPUfreq (Dominik Brodowski)

Linux 2.4.21pre3-ac2
o Fix the dumb bug in skb_pad (Dave Miller)
o Confirm some sparc bits are wrong and drop them (Dave Miller)
o Remove a wrong additional copyright comment (Dave Miller)
o Upgrade IPMI driver to v16 (Corey Minyard)
o Fix 3c523 compile (Francois Romieu)
o Handle newer rpm where -ta is rpmbuild not rpm (me)
o Driver for Aurora Sio16 PCI adapter series (Joachim Martillo)
        (SIO8000P, 16000P, and CPCI)
        | Initial merge
o Backport Hammer 32bit mtrr/nmi changes (Andi Kleen)
o Add the fast IRQ path to via 8233/5 audio (me)

Linux 2.4.21pre3-ac1
+ Handle battery quirk on the Vaio Z600-RE (Paul Mitcheson)
* EHCI USB updates (David Brownell)
+ IDE Raid support for AMI/SI 'Medley' IDE Raid (Arjan van de Ven)
+ NVIDIA nForce2 IDE PCI identifiers (Johannes Deisenhofer,
                                                         Tim Krieglstein)
* CPU bitmask truncation fix (Bjorn Helgaas)
o HP100 cleanup (Pavel Machek)
o Fix initial capslock handling on USB keyboard (Pete Zaitcev)
+ Update dscc4 driver for new wan (Francois Romieu)
+ Fix boot on Chaintech 4BEA/4BEA-R and (Alexander Achenbach)
        Gigabyte 9EJL by handing wacky E820 memory
        reporting
o SysKonnect driver updates (Mirko Lindner)
o Fix memory leak in n_hdlc (Paul Fulghum)
o Fix missing mtd dependancy (Herbert Xu)
+ Clean up ide-tape printk stuff (Pete Zaitcev)
+ IDE tape fixes (Pete Zaitcev)
o Fix size reporting of large disks in scsi (Andries Brouwer)
+ Fix excessive stack usage in NMI handlers (Mikael Pettersson)
+ Add support for Epson 785EPX USB printer pcmcia (Khalid Aziz)
* Quirk handler to sort out IDE compatibility (Ivan Kokshaysky)
        mishandling
+ Model 1 is valid for PIV in MP table (Egenera)
+ Ethernet padding fixes for various drivers (me)
o Allow trident codec setup to time out (Ian Soboroff)
        This can happen with non PM codecs
o Fix broken documentation link (Henning Meier-Geinitz)
o Update video4linux docbook (William Stimson)
o Correct kmalloc check in dpt_i2o (Pablo Menichini)
o Shrink kmap area to required space only (Manfred Spraul)
o Fix irq balancing (Ben LaHaise)
o CPUfreq updates (Dominik Brodowski)
o Fix typo in pmagb fb (John Bradford)
o EDD backport (Matt Domsch)