Re: Bootscreen

From: Arador (diegocg@teleline.es)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 12:53:46 EST

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 09:35:40 +0100
Raphael Schmid <Raphael_Schmid@CUBUS.COM> wrote:

> Dunno about you, but for me the kernel itself takes some time
> to come up and handle things over to init. Not covering that
> time would just feel... unfinished.

Just very few seconds in most of the systems, would we have to
bother with that very few time? A black screen isn't so bad.

> I'd rather not compare ourselves with XP all too closely.

Agree :) But if they could put a mpeg video while booting
the kernel, they'd have done it ;)

> You have SCSI disks only, I presume?

Only ide here. That's the only part that seems to "stall" more
than other parts.

Diego Calleja