Re: NFS client locking hangs for period

From: Daniel Egger (degger@fhm.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 16:53:33 EST

Am Die, 2003-01-28 um 09.00 schrieb Denis Vlasenko:

> It was not really *that* difficult for me. I used devfs and symlinks.
> /etc, /var, /tmp are different directories per client,
> /home, /usr are shared. The rest stays on root fs readonly.
> ssh to NFS server if you want to modify some files on root fs.

This will only work dandy if the server runs the same OS on the
same architecture and its own system is well enough equipped to
do software installations and bootstraps. Although I'm using Linux on
my server as well as the same architecture as most of the clients
I sometimes experience troubles working in the chrooted client
environment.

--
Servus,
       Daniel