Re: [Pcihpd-discuss] Questions about CPCI Hot Swap driver.

From: Stanley Wang (stanley.wang@linux.co.intel.com)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 19:52:04 EST

On 28 Jan 2003, Rusty Lynch wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 00:06, Stanley Wang wrote:
> > Hi, Scott
> > I have some questions about your CPCI Hot Swap driver.
> > Would you mind helping me to clarify them ?
> > 1. Why need we clear the EXT bit in the HS_CSR in "disable_slot()"?
> > I think the EXT bit has not been set at this point.
>
> Wouldn't the EXT bit be set if the operator flips the ejector, and is
> waiting for the system to respond?
Thanks for your explanation.
I did not really know how to extract a board before reading your mail.
I always disable the slot (echo 0 > power) and yank the board, it is ok
to the damn zt5541 but not the proper way.

Best Regards,
-Stan

--
Opinions expressed are those of the author and do not represent Intel
Corporation