Re: Problem - See attached dmesg dump

From: Enlight (enlight@bentonrea.com)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 20:57:28 EST

I did test memory and found no problems.

I regressed to kernel-2.4.8 and gcc-2.96 and was able to successfully build
XFCE without a glitch.

I now plan to progress to kernel-2.4.19, which I have, and attempt build
with gcc-2.96. If that works or fails I will progress to kernel-2.4.20.
After that I will bump gcc up and see what happens. I suspect gcc really
works the system with recursive system calls and memory paging.

I tried ksymoops and it ran soooooo sloooooow. I am not sure I have it
right and I was not able to get results. I just need to study more I guess.
I don't do this for a living so I beg your forgiveness and appreciate the
input and patience from everybody.

Jerry DeLisle (enlight)