Re: [alsa, pnp] more on opl3sa2 (fwd)

From: Adam Belay (ambx1@neo.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 17:12:34 EST

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 03:36:41PM +0100, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

> Any notes?

Actually I was wondering if you could provide some further information about the
nature of these multidevice sound cards so I can better understand the
situation.

1.) How are the componets of a typical card divided among the sub-devices. (ex:
control, mpu, wave table, etc)

2.) Are all the devices required for the card to properly function, in other
words, must the card always have possession of all of the sound related
sub-devices in order to function at a minimal level.

3.) Are there any other isapnp cards that depend on multiple devices per
driver, to my knowledge only a limited set of sound cards do.

Thanks,
Adam