Re: Bootscreen

From: Stefan Reinauer (stepan@suse.de)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 08:54:33 EST

* Denis Vlasenko <vda@port.imtp.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua> [030129 15:46]:
> Yeah, dude, let's dumb down our users... don't allow them
> to become curious and start learning.

How would a graphical bootscreen keep them away from becoming curious?
With my bootsplash patch you can either choose to hide the kernel
messages completely, or have the boot messages scroll down on a
graphical background. No information missing, it just looks a lot
better.

> Grown up, mature people are scared when they see letters
> and numbers on the screen? On what planet am I?
The world is just not just technophile freaks, sorry if this
is new to you ;-)

> And if someone *is* scared and totally non-curious, well...
> do you want to have such a user? /me not.

Freedom for those who are more equal than others.

Regards
  Stefan

--
The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be
regarded as a criminal offense.                      -- E. W. Dijkstra