perl (Was: Adding sparc-leon linux to sourcetree)

From: Pete Zaitcev (zaitcev@redhat.com)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 13:55:28 EST

> Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 14:53:59 +0100
> From: Konrad Eisele <eiselekd@web.de>

> There is also one change I have made on the buildsystem. Because
> I'm using some perl inline scripts in the $cmd_xxx the >'< and >$<
> signs in the inline perl scripts cause trouble (perl -e '...$x=....'),
> the >'< because of the echo command, the >$< when rereading from
> the xxx..cmd files. Could this be applied to the original file?

First, send a patch, not a chunk of a Makefile.

Second, this is something I defer to Kai, Sam, & Co.

Personally, I am opposed to a use of perl, because it's not
installed in my sparc userland, so I would not be able to
self-compile a leon or joint kernel. But ultimately this is
not my call to decide. At one point, Linus approved Python
into the toolchain. So, present good evidence of need and post
to lists.

-- Pete