Radeon PCI support

From: Chris Ison (cisos@bigpond.net.au)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 15:32:48 EST

I am looking for any information that may help in getting my Radeon PCI
card working in linux with acceloration.

I am in the process of trying to obtain information from ATI about the
chipset but apart from that I haven't been successful in any other way
except I have determined the card becomes locked and often its FIFO read
pointer is occassionally at 0 when it has locked (with the FIFO write
pointer often several kilobytes ahead of it).

I have had no luck with DRI or XFree86 people as PCI support for Radeons
on x86 platform isn't a priority at this time.

The suggestion is that the problem is in the DRM but I can't find
information confirming that in the lkml at this time.

If you do have any information/patches that could help for the x86
platform could you please CC me as I am not on the lkml due to its
traffic volume.

I am determined to have this fixed so please help if you can.

Thank you in advance
Chris Ison