Re: 2.4.21-pre4: tg3 driver problems with shared interrupts

From: Stephan von Krawczynski (skraw@ithnet.com)
Date: Mon Feb 03 2003 - 05:25:48 EST

On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 13:28:55 -0500
Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@pobox.com> wrote:

> > To make sure I will let it stress-test overnight and send you the results
> > in about 15 hours from now on. If everything does fine I will redo with
> > ide2,ide3 on same interrupt, too. Just to see what happens with these
> > Promise things...

Hi Jeff,

I can tell you for sure now that your tg3 driver does very well in shared
interrupt config:
(eth2 is tg3)

           CPU0
  0: 6052783 XT-PIC timer
  1: 8618 XT-PIC keyboard
  2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
  5: 581 XT-PIC EMU10K1
  7: 6842 XT-PIC HiSax
  9: 30245790 XT-PIC aic7xxx, aic7xxx, eth0, eth1, eth2
 11: 7324397 XT-PIC ide2, ide3
 12: 196375 XT-PIC PS/2 Mouse
 15: 2 XT-PIC ide1
NMI: 0
LOC: 0
ERR: 52
MIS: 0

Though I don't exactly know what "ERR:" means in this context the machine is
alive and performing well.
Now I go again for the Promise stuff ...

--
Regards,
Stephan