Re: Compactflash cards dying?

From: Bryan Andersen (bryan@bogonomicon.net)
Date: Mon Feb 03 2003 - 16:18:18 EST

Take a look at all the embedded Linux distributions. There are
solutions for this out there. I haven't looked into them as I just
stuck a hole PC into my robot.

The issue with ROM style data storage is once written, any changes
require replacement of the devices. That adds up after a few revisions.
  All motherboards once had PROMS (usually windowless EPROMS) for
storing the BIOS. It is just the cost of FLASH type devices has come
down to the point where they are cheep when you look at the costs of
going about it some other way.

- Bryan