Re: [BUG] vmalloc, kmalloc - 2.4.x

From: David Woodhouse (dwmw2@infradead.org)
Date: Mon Feb 03 2003 - 17:54:06 EST

On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 17:18, Alan Cox wrote:

> If I build the example using the cleanups I suggested it works for me. The FPU one btw
> seems to be a red herring, my gcc is outputting a precomputed integer constant

This is purely coincidence. GCC is perfectly entitled to use integer
arithmetic even though you used floats in the source.

GCC is likewise perfectly entitled to use floating point even if you
only used integers in the source. There's a good reason why the SH port
builds with '-mno-implicit-fp' and why all other ports should have this
_before_ it becomes a problem rather than afterwards.

--
dwmw2