Re: [TEST FIX] Re: SSH Hangs in 2.5.59 and 2.5.55 but not 2.4.x,

From: Bill Davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 09:40:14 EST

On 4 Feb 2003, Tony Gale wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 21:04, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> >
> > That is a problem with processes left running. I do not forward
> > connections, I do not forward X, I do not (in normal practice) leave
> > anything running. A typical thing to do is to go to each machine in a
> > cluster and look for a user activity:
> > grep "user" log/stats.readers
> > exit
> > nothing more. And every once in a while that hangs after executing the
> > logout sequence. With the patch it hasn't to date.
> >
> > That doesn't mean it's a fix, I don't see it every day, I just haven't
> > seen it in a few days since I put in the patch.
>
> The ssh hang on exit "problem" is a policy of the ssh coders. It'll
> happen when you have a background job still running when you exit, which
> is still connected to the terminal.

Please go back and reread either of my comments on the topic, I think I've
made it clear that I have no background jobs, no forwarded ports, and no
forwarded X. The existance of a problem in one area doesn't mean that
nothing else is allow to cause bad behaviour.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc