Re: 2.5.59-mm8

From: Mike Galbraith (efault@gmx.de)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 03:08:38 EST

At 11:31 PM 2/3/2003 -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:

>. Ingo's latest scheduler changes are here. I held off on that because it
> appeared that there was some interaction with the I/O scheduler. Whatever
> that was has gone away without any CPU scheduler changes, so...

Greetings,

The scheduler changes cause some odd behavior here when running make -j30
bzImage on my 128MB PIII/500 box.

It seems odd that I'm not getting the level of memory pressure I expect to
get. As you can see by the log, at times I _do_ briefly see 'proper'
memory pressure. I'm still trying to figure out if this is good or bad
behavior... all I know for _sure_ is that it's odd=reportable behavior ;-)

         -Mike