Re: 2.5 changeset 1.952.4.2 corrupt in fs/jfs/inode.c

From: Chris Funderburg (at home) (Chris@Funderburg.com)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 19:37:52 EST

On 2/5/2003 11:31 PM, Larry McVoy wrote:
>>(BTW, Larry, the bk binaries segfault on my (glibc 2.3.1) i686
system. Any
>>chance we could see binaries linked against 2.3.x? There's NSS
badness between
>>2.2 and 2.3 that causes even static binaries to segfault ... )
>

> Yes, NSS in glibc is the world's worst garbage. Glibc segfaults if there
> is no /etc/nsswitch.conf. Nice.
>
> We can go buy another machine for glibc2.3, I just need to know what
redhat
> release uses that. If there isn't one, what distro uses that?

Matt,

I _think_ the RedHat glibc2.3 has the NSS patch to avoid this problem.
If you're into rolling your own you can find some info here:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/view/cvs/chapter06/glibc.html

I wanted to to run the newest version of glibc on my LFS machine, and
had to start from scratch (again) because of this.