Re: Monta Vista software license terms

From: jeff millar (wa1hco@adelphia.net)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 20:11:55 EST

So...could some kind soul with the source simply post it somewhere?
MontaVista doesn't have to provide it on their site. But they can't prevent
anyone with a copy from posting it. I've got some hardware from an old
project running hardhat linux and would like to upgrade.

They used to post it and it helped. I had a "frank exchange of views" with
the MontaVista marketing folks about their change in policy a while back.

Some questions about posting the source, though...
    1. Can MontaVista add separate terms to their purchase agreement that
forbid/discourage/impede publishing the source?
    2. What if MV mixes GPL and proprietary code in the directories to make
it difficult to post the GPL portion?

jeff