Re: [Linux-fbdev-devel] Re: New logo code (fwd)

From: Geert Uytterhoeven (geert@linux-m68k.org)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 04:19:56 EST

On 5 Feb 2003, Antonino Daplas wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 20:37, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > Come on, is there really no one to comment on this??
>
> Actually, I tried the patch before, but it was erased so fast that I
> never got to see the logo :-)
>
> Anyway, I think it's because logo_lines require logo_height in
> fbcon_set_display(). logo_height is returned by fb_show_logo(), however
> fb_show_logo() is called after computing logo_lines.

I always see the logo twice. The first time it's erased by the text (because
initially fbcon thinks logo_height = 0), the second time it's displayed
correctly.

So I also wondered why it's drawn twice?

> So, how about breaking up fb_show_logo() into fb_prepare_logo() and
> fb_show_logo()? We can call fb_prepare_logo() to get the logo height
> for the logo_lines, then do an fb_show_logo() for the actual drawing.

OK for me.

> Overall, I like it, though it does add some kilobytes to the kernel
> image size.

Why would it increase kernel size that much? The logos were there before as
well (unless you enable all of them, of course :-).

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                                                Geert

In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a hacker. But when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or something like that. -- Linus Torvalds