Re: Monta Vista software license terms

From: Charles Cazabon (linux@discworld.dyndns.org)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 14:14:34 EST

Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu <Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu> wrote:

> The GPL prohibits such a restriction *IN THE DISTRIBUTION LICENSE*. It
> doesn't say squat about whether I agree to some restriction in some OTHER
> agreement.

>From the GPL version 2:

  6. Each time you redistribute the Program (or any work based on the
  Program), the recipient automatically receives a license from the
  original licensor to copy, distribute or modify the Program subject to
  these terms and conditions. You may not impose any further
  restrictions on the recipients' exercise of the rights granted herein.
  [...]

The critical part being, of course, "You may not impose any further
restrictions on the recipients' exercise of the rights granted herein.". But
this is offtopic. MFT and Reply-To: set.

Charles