Re: Broken SCSI code in the BK tree (was: 2.5.59-mm8)

From: Patrick Mansfield (patmans@us.ibm.com)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 21:25:02 EST

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 06:01:06PM -0800, Martin J. Bligh wrote:

> Curious. I've no idea why the changes brought this out then ... I've done
> hundreds and hundreds of reboots on 2.5 on all sorts of different kernels,
> and never, ever seen this. Yet in 2.5.59-bk I see it every single time.
> Very odd.
>
> M.

Okay:

There were some bk scsi changes that ignored the queue depth (qlogicisp
sets them all to one).

Current bk (I just pulled and checked) has a fix, the cleaner shinier
better scsi_lib.c scsi_request_fn now has this code:

        if (sdev->device_busy >= sdev->queue_depth)
                break;

So the oops has to do with the isp handling multiple requests in a row or
in quick succession.

Hopefully going to the latest bk will fix your oops.

-- Patrick Mansfield