Re: [Fwd: NAT counting]

From: Harald Welte (laforge@gnumonks.org)
Date: Sun Feb 09 2003 - 05:00:17 EST

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 09:46:44PM -0500, Stephen Clark wrote:

> Is Linux being fixed to prevent this?

Linux is not 'being fixed', because I don't regard this as a bug - and
only bugs need fixing.

I don't want to have the NAT code to _always_ rewrite the IP ID because
of performance reasons. I think we should leave the current behaviour
and provide an _optional_ 'IPID' target for the mangle table. So
everybody who wants IP ID rewriting can use that target.

--
- Harald Welte / laforge@gnumonks.org               http://www.gnumonks.org/
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long