Re: 2.0, 2.2, 2.4, 2.5: fsync buffer race

From: Mikulas Patocka (mikulas@artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz)
Date: Mon Feb 10 2003 - 11:28:55 EST

Linus, do you remember what "nasty deadlock" did you mean when writing
this to 2.[0-2].* and maybe 1.*?

ll_rw_blk.c - ll_rw_block():
        /* Uhhuh.. Nasty dead-lock possible here.. */
        if (buffer_locked(bh))
                return;
        /* Maybe the above fixes it, and maybe it doesn't boot. Life is
interesting */
        lock_buffer(bh);

Mikulas