Re: Current NFS issues (2.5.59)

From: Oleg Drokin (green@namesys.com)
Date: Tue Feb 11 2003 - 02:00:11 EST

Hello!

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 03:05:24PM +1100, Neil Brown wrote:

> > 3. Mount point F (/home/david) infrequently loops. ls -la /home/david
> > will loop forever until all client memory is exhausted and the kernel
> > kills it via OOM. ls -la /home/david/somefile or /home/david/somedir/
> > works just fine as well as any sub directory under /home/david.
> > Restarts of both systems refuse to fix things.
> I think this might be a reiserfs problem. Someone else mentioned that

I was not able to reproduce that.

> this started happening when they upgrade from an earlier 2.5 kernel.

I think that earlier report was from David too. This is just more detailed
report it seems.

And while you are listening - I want to share my own NFs problems in 2.5.59 ;)
If I try to mount any NFS exported filesystem from the same host (e.g
localhost), mount process hangs in D state. Server appears to work ok though
and serves requests from external clients.

Bye,
    Oleg