(no subject)

From: Liu, Yanqing (yaliu@lsil.com)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 10:43:47 EST

Here's a question about SCSI driver module loading.

There's Qlogic2200 HBA inserted in my machine.
I want to establish some dependency relationship between qlogic driver and
my SCSI driver (like scsi_debug) so that they can be loaded/unloaded
together. Basically, I want my SCSI driver (say, scsi_debug) loaded after
sd/sg driver and before all other low level SCSI HBA drivers(like qla
driver). In modules.conf file, I added

alias scsi_hostadapter qla2200

add above scsi_hostadapter scsi_debug

I didn't make initrd since the Qlogic driver is not essential to the system
boot.

Anyway, Qlogic driver is loaded, but scsi_debug is not.

In the shell, if I type
modprobe scsi_hostadapter
it will load scsi_debug module.
If I type
modprobe qla2200,
it will not. (Why??)

And, if I modified modules.conf like the following:

alias scsi_hostadapter qla2200

add above qla2200 scsi_debug

Kernel will panic!

My questions are:

1. When and how ia the alogic driver loaded in boot time (my machine has the
qlogic card).

2. How can I modify modules.conf (or possibly other way, e.g. rc script or
depmod) so that I can establish some dependency relationship between qlogic
driver and other SCSI drivers so that they can be loaded/unloaded together?

3. Do I need to load qlogic driver and my scsi_debug with initrd?

Thanks.

Yanqing