Re: [Linux-fbdev-devel] Re: New logo code (fwd)

From: Geert Uytterhoeven (geert@linux-m68k.org)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 15:51:25 EST

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, James Simmons wrote:

> > > Come on, is there really no one to comment on this??
> >
> > Except a question why it's not merged yet? :)
>
> Looking for work has keot me busy. I merged it. One change I did do was
> changed the CONFIG_FB_LOGO_* to CONFIG_LOGO_. In theory any one can use
> the logo (i.e newport console). It is a much welcomed improvement. I

OK.

> removed the hgafb logo code in the latest tree. It should use the standard
> logo code. Also how should we go about for personal logos. Companies might
> want to throw in there own thing which I have no issue with.

An option CONFIG_LOGO_USER, and a path CONFIG_LOGO_USER_PATH to a logo? Or
multiple user-specific logos (one of each type)?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                                                Geert

In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a hacker. But when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or something like that. -- Linus Torvalds