Re: [BUG] smctr.c changes in latest BK

From: Jochen Friedrich (jochen@scram.de)
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 05:15:27 EST

Hi Olivier,

> Doesn't that mean that the original function was buggy and it should
> not have copied the mac address over if one was user-provided?

Right. But for now i preferred to clean up the offending code. The driver
still needs some serious cleanup (not 64bit clean, lots of IMHO
unnecessary and confusing casts, not using propper reference counting,
and probably some more), so i plan to clean up those first before adding
new features to the driver.

Fortunately, i recently go hold of one of these cards, so i will be able
to test the cleanup on my Alpha for 64bit cleanliness :-)

Cheers,
--jochen