Re: [RFC] Migrating net/sched to new module interface

From: Roman Zippel (zippel@linux-m68k.org)
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 09:24:48 EST

Hi,

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Werner Almesberger wrote:

> The module changes only make this a little worse, because they
> follow the philosophy that this can't be fixed, so try_module_get
> and friends try to implement the right kind of locking for unload
> races (but for little else) without tripping over those "unfixable"
> bugs.

If you see these bugs as "unfixable", you already gave up and you end up
putting one band-aid over another, each only solving part of the problem.
Please try work with me here and we might find a more general solution.
I could just post possible solutions, but as long nobody understands the
problem, they will be rejected anyway.

bye, Roman