Re: 3Com 3cr990 driver release

From: David Dillow (dillowd@y12.doe.gov)
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 12:20:46 EST

Alan Cox wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 07:50, David Dillow wrote:
> > There are a few issues with the firmware -- DMA to a 2 byte aligned address
> > hangs the firmware, so we cannot easily align the IP header, and the firmware
> > will always strip the VLAN tags on packet reception, regardless of our
> > desires. I hope to work with 3Com to resolve these issues.
> >
> > The code is available via BK at
> > http://typhoon.bkbits.net/typhoon-2.4
> > http://typhoon.bkbits.net/typhoon-2.5
>
> Would you care to make the patches available in a format those of us who
> work on open source version control systems can use. Right now Mr McVoy
> prohibits me from reviewing your patches.

Unfortunately, the only way I can do this right now is to send them as a
compressed attachment -- the only avenue I have for hosting is currently
experiencing "network difficulties."

typhoon-driver.patch is the actual driver, and applies to 2.4 and 2.5
The other patches put it in the build system, and should apply to recent
kernels.

Sorry to spam the lists,
Dave Dillow
dillowd@y12.doe.gov (old)