Re: Synchronous signal delivery..

From: Ingo Oeser (ingo.oeser@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)
Date: Sat Feb 15 2003 - 07:36:00 EST

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 02:57:38PM +0100, Abramo Bagnara wrote:
> > Out of band data is a second data channel, so open two pipes. Jeez
>
> What about the relation between the two channels?

Encoded in the program logic, where it belongs. We have enough
needless interrelations between API functions already.

If you would like to have two channels in one, than simply
implement a multiplexer in the program that needs it (look at ssh
for an example).

Regards

Ingo Oeser

--
Science is what we can tell a computer. Art is everything else. --- D.E.Knuth